The Straight Child Foundation is a corporate body registered under PART C of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2004 of Nigeria as THE REGISTERED TRUSTEES OF THE
STRAIGHT CHILD FOUNDATION. It is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives of the youth by
– Providing an enabling environment for the youth to explore their creativity, harness their
talents, and overcome their perceived deficiencies.
– Reaching out to the youth and encouraging them to seek God.
– Raising socially responsible youths who will attain the zenith of their dreams irrespective
of physical and/or social disabilities.
Today, many youth battle with physical disabilities that bring about social discrimination and
marginalization. It is to this end that the Foundation is devoted to addressing these challenges particularly for persons with cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy is found to be the most common motor disability in childhood, and children with cerebral palsy and their families need support.
The Foundation is set to
– Provide a powerful voice for persons with cerebral palsy;
– Connect with other cerebral palsy organisations within Nigeria and across the globe to
better meet the needs of persons living with cerebral palsy;
– Celebrate and express pride in the strength, ability and achievements of persons with
cerebral palsy and other seemingly limitations;
– Provide social protection for these persons and act as an agent of social change to the
challenges they face;
– To raise widespread awareness of cerebral palsy and its associative conditions at the local
and national level;
– To liaise with relevant legal entities to ensure the protection of the rights of these
– To liaise with the Research and Medical Community on the need for a guided study and
further research into the causes of cerebral palsy and how it can be prevented;
– To produce outcomes that will encourage them to live their lives beyond limits.
The Straight Child Foundation believes in the youth and is determined to provide an enabling environment for them to thrive irrespective of their challenges. You can lend a helping hand too.